Christmas continues...

in the big apple.  We were so sad to have to leave the family party early to catch our 11pm red eye flight to New York.  We dropped our bags off at the hotel and went straight to Rockefeller.

Not too crowded on Christmas Day which was nice and it wasn't super cold out. Everyone was saying how lucky we were to have this weather. It was the same or if not a little colder in Vegas!
We did the10:30am session, waited for the next fresh Zamboni smoothed out ice!  It was fun, but I will say everything looks smaller in person.  Looks so much bigger on TV :)
 and it's also very pricey, it's a rip I say :)  But hey, you have to do it once in your life and we were there taking it all in, so glad we did it, but probably won't ever do it again.  I do like how the crowd is controlled though with the time slots so it doesn't get super packed like some of the other rinks.




 Since we were just off the red-eye, after ice-skating and lunch which everyone was pretty much crashing and falling asleep at the table, we were able to check in and nap the rest of the day




 we did have a really nice lunch at the restaurant connected to our hotel called.  The salmon sandwich I had was so good!  And then later that night, Jay and I went out for ramen.  Wanted to take him to Ippudo, but they were closed so went to Nippori which isn't as good as Ippudo or Bachi, but hit the spot for a cold night out.
After a good night's rest we were ready to explore the city...Jaylin excited to hail the first cab
 we went to Greenwich Village for coffee and macarons and crepes at a new place my friend Moxa recommended and if you know me, I will go if you tell me I need to try a new cafe :)


we walked around and through Washington Park
just so nice and crisp out!


jumping for joy!
 did some shopping, took Jayme to her favorite store Brandy and Melville
 walked through Central park

 Jayson loved looking into the water seeing the city lights and reflection

 had to do hot dogs, pretzels and churros

introduced the kids to Shake Shack...we went twice once in NYC and once in CT
 met my friend Moxa there and got to meet ZuZu

 got her with her eyes open and rocked her back to sleep :)

 Third Day in the city we jumped on the Subway to take the Ferry across to Ellis Island to see the statue of Liberty.  Looked into getting tickets to go in the statue but sold out so when I randomly got my hair cut the day before, the gal there told me about the Ferry ride that goes over every half hour, so good info from her, glad I got my haircut