bienvenido a Miami

Finally made a trip out to Miami to visit Aubrey
was a very special occasion, baby Isaiah's baptism and I was a very proud godmother :)  Was nice to see the whole family!
 since the baptsim was the first weekend in November it fell right in between Dee and Tip's birthday, so we made a cousin trip out of it :)
started off with shopping and our first coffee toast, we were very excited for yummy cuban coffee all weekend and the hotel told us this little whole in the wall place called munchies had the best and it was from the few places we tried


then lunch for our first cuban meal at Havana 1957


 Aub said we had to have ropa vieja...I love the rice, beans and plantain mix with anything :)

Aub's and Tariq hooked it up for us and got us a good deal at the Ritz on the beach, perfect location on the beach, close to all the shopping and great places to eat


We celebrated the birthday girls at Larios, Gloria Estefan's restuarant, loved the birthday fire dessert!



 I love plantains with rice, which the goal of the trip in addition to seeing the babies, was to eat cuban food and drink coffee all day every day, yum!

then had to have one of these when we were walking down along the road in south beach, so we pulled over to try :)  was actually pretty good


then we checked out the Clevelander and Mangos
morning coffee and sandwhiches, teeny break from cuban food :)
back to the room and surprised with birthday balloons, champagne and chocolates
GNO day 2 was with Aubrey, Alison and Daria
Appetizers and desserts at Yucca and then fun at sls...you know trying to take to many pics :)
didn't hit the beach til the last day, but we made it, windy hair and all
Melissa got her hand stand in
and we found the most perfect true shirt for Dee :)
went for our last mean at Puerto Sagua, for rice, plaintains and oxtail this time
was proud of myself that I was able to fit all my stuff in my big Philip Lim purse, best 60 bucks I've spent, this bag holds a ton.  I fit all my stuff for the 2 nights.  We were flying spirit and I refused to pay any extra fees, second time I've been able to beat their system...hee!  Wore my heavier shoes, packed a pair of booties, 4 dresses, pjs, undies, beachwear and toiletries.  I only do this on Spirit!

it was a nice relaxing, just fun trip with the family, so glad we made it work to all go!
 Love you guys!