Detour to New England

After Fashion Night Out, I detoured over the weekend to Connecticut to visit cousin Todd, Lisa and Lucas...they were only about an hour and a half train ride away...pretty brave I must say I was to venture out alone :)
they took good care of me...took me to a super cute Tapas Restaurant called Ibiza
Lisa's favorite goat cheese was pretty tasty
one of my favs was the lamb & chick peas over toast
and one of the cutest desserts ever was a spoonful of joy...chocolate and almond croquettes
more New Englandy stuff they called it :) Lymon Orchards for Apple Picking...so beautiful!

Lucas did a great job!

my first corn maze...you have to answer riddles at each stop to guide yourself out
of this craziness...Thanks for planning a fun day Todd & Lisa!
for dinner had Connecticut pizza, which supposedly is the best in the world, have heard this from several sources, something in the water? A CT classic, white clam pizza and birch beer, which is root beer but white...not a big root beer person, but it tasted good with the pizza
we grubbed as you can see...Eric, La, Jake and Mathew met up with us too...so nice to see the east coast family!
later that night, actually baked a homemade apple pie with the apples we picked...nice job Todd...very impressive!
seriously a yummy apple pie...I mean it was baking in the oven while we were watching Something Borrowed, chick flick & dessert...what more could I ask for :)