family time

our time off was scheduled around my grandma's 90th birthday! they put together a really nice party at the Hilton Hotel in Newark
only great-grandparent the kids got to know
grandma and her 3 kids, dad being the oldest...was so sweet, they all gave a speech about how wonderful grandma was, is to them
diva grandma had a wardrobe change into a 2nd dress...heard there was a 3rd but she didn't end up changing again

cake time
getting down on the dance floor
was nice to hang out with dad, couldn't believe our mom wasn't there...she was off galavanting in the Philippines :) after the party we stayed up late hearing stories from dad about his childhood, how he met my mom, was so fun and funny!
dad left for home the next day but before that we went to Boiling Crab...one of my favorite places on earth :)

I was serious when I posted my trip was complete...hee! must do's were, food tour with friends, grandma's party, crown & crumpet, spend time with family & friends and Boiling Crab :)
poor little guy!
4th of July started out rough since I sprained my ankle in the morning when Jay and I were trying to be good and went for a run...but the rest of the day was nice and laid back...hung out with the family at Melissa's for BBQ
and Boiling Crab part 2

Alex brought something else I have been wanting to try...Sprinkles cupcakes...jumped at the chocolate marshmallow but wasn't a fan, the banana and vanilla were my fav

the rest of the week was nice to just hang out and not have to rush back home...spent time between cousin Tyler's house and cousin Marc, Michael and Maddie's house (my sis and Jay's sis)
got introduced into this crazy rolling ball

Uncle Neil took the kids to chuck e cheese for some hair extensions :)
watched cars 2 and played with sprinklers
kids had so much fun with their cousins
Auntie Melissa introduced us to shaved ice which I had been wondering about since I had been seeing people post about it on fb and was like how good could shaved ice be? now I see, it's turned almost into a froyo craze with all the toppings :) was good, felt like powdery snow
strawberry for me, coffee for Jay, both good...this was at a Korean shopping center on El Camino